Tablet Weaver’s International Studies & Techniques (TWIST)
The Spring 2021 Journal is available!
TWIST is a volunteer-run international organization for tablet weavers. Also known as card weaving, tablet weaving can produce remarkably complex pieces, such as those displayed on this page, with very simple equipment: a pack of perforated cards. TWIST produces three journals annually.
Bands created by Friedrich Hochegger
Photos by artist
The Spring Journal has many new topics to check out!
- Tablet weaving using an ancient pattern found in Austria, dating to 800-400-BCE
- Weaving a band that “turns” the corner
- The many ways in which band weavers finish their bands
- How to use tablets for pick-up weaving on the loom
- Different techniques for tablet weaving a peacock pattern
© 2021, pattern and most of the bands by Barbara Scheel
The image from the All Posts page is from: © 2021 by Marilyn Romatka, All photography by Shutter and Shuttle LLC